Fun in Fjordland


Advertisement
Oceania
February 10th 2010
Published: February 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Tue 10/9/2010
Fun in Fjordland

Today was our third sea day in a row but was also the Scenic Cruising day as we sailed thru 3 fiords in New Zealands Fiordland National Park. The day started early as it was recommended we be up at 6:00 to see the start of Milford sound. There were actually almost 100 guests getting off here for a 2 day land tour. We headed up to the Crows Nest to watch the sunrise and the early views of the fiord. As the sailing continued we saw it from outside on Decks 9 and 10 and then went out to the bow to get a view from there. Note it really was a fiord even though it was named Milford Sound (i.e. sound actually means a bay).

As we were leaving the fiord we headed to the Dining room for breakfast before heading to the Win a Cruise Bingo which we didn’t win. Then it was time for some more scenic cruising thru Doubtful Sound (another fiord) before lunch which we also ate in the Dining Room with a lovely view of the sound as we leaving it.

Then it was time for Trivia and a couple from Anaheim joined our team. We did well with 13 out of 17 points but one team had 16 and another had 15 so we came in 3rd. Then it was time for real Bingo and again we didn’t win though we did come very close a few times.

The last of fiords for the day was named Dusky Sound which we enjoyed before heading to dinner. We decided on a table for two and both had the sirloin strip with Yorkshire Pudding. We finished in time for the early show called Hats Off which was another cast show that was sort of cute as it was set in a Hat Shop. We decided to try out the casino again and though I didn’t fare well John did a bit better at Blackjack than he had earlier in the week.

So it was another busy quiet restful day at sea. Tomorrow starts the heavy touring scheduled for our New Zealand Ports.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



11th February 2010

Gorgeous
Sharon and John: your travels look absolutely wonderful. Wish I could be there to see it in person. Maybe you could send me the pictures on a disc Sharon and I could create a 12 x 12 digital book for you and John along with your history in your blogs. I would love to do that for your honeymoon as part of our present to you. Since Raphael and I have kind of done your route - I have a lot of history in regards to that cruise. Looking forward to hearing from you when you get back. Love Judy

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.4kb