The Arts Factory


Advertisement
Oceania
December 18th 2005
Published: December 31st 2005
Edit Blog Post

'The Pentagon''The Pentagon''The Pentagon'

Luxury all the way! Just out of view in this picture of our tent was the mouse trap, Huntsman nest, cockroach platoon and flying ant breeding ground...cosy!
Thought it would be worth showing you all our accomodation in Byron Bay. "The Arts Factory." Many of you will be familiar with this famous backpackers abode.

The sleeping arrangements consist of the ordinary dorm style rooms but for the more adventurous and for those with a tighter budget there are some cool alternatives like Teepee's, "pod's" which are little cabins dotted around a mosquito swarming lake, tents in the campground and larger tents, like the one we were in called the "Pentagon," which did remind us of something out of "Swiss Family Robinson." The 8 bed dorm had bunk beds made out of bamboo and a wooden structure with canvas stretched over it.

It was a fun place to sleep unitl we discovered the many different animals and bugs that were sharing our beds!
Huntsman spiders, luckily we only saw a little one, there is a family of them in the Teepee! Cockroaches, flying ants nest, mice, big flying bugs and tonnes of Mosquitos.
It was our own little nature reserve!

The hostel itself is fun though. Very laid back and relaxed. Hammocks strung between the trees and picnic tables hiding under shady pots of Eucalyptus. The
Piggy Tunni!!Piggy Tunni!!Piggy Tunni!!

The letterbox at the Arts factory
whole thing is set around a big lake and amongst woodland, so it really does feel very peaceful.

There are tunes played through the many speakers throughout the hostel and even in the bathrooms. Lulling you into a completely different world. This combined with the intense heat that doesn't even let up at night, really makes for a place that many of us can only dream about.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Drinks in the Buddha BarDrinks in the Buddha Bar
Drinks in the Buddha Bar

one night of many
Drunken close-upsDrunken close-ups
Drunken close-ups

NEVER a good idea!


Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 79; dbt: 0.0716s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb