Cheeky's


Advertisement
Oceania
December 18th 2005
Published: December 31st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Molested by a 'Freak'Molested by a 'Freak'Molested by a 'Freak'

Our somewhat perverted Oz Experience driver getting a little too close! struth!
I feel it is neccessary to let you all in on a little secret....'Cheeky monkeys' is the cheesiest, silliest and sadly the most explored location in Byron Bay. Im guessing that everyone and his monkey has walked within the seedy walls are darkened windows of this notorious drinking establishment.

Let me not forget to mention however that they also produce an array of culinary delights including $2 Bangers and Mash. Who could possibly argue with that! And give away free things like Christmas hats on Christmas eve! So actually for this alone, you can't beat it!

We found ourselves in Cheeky's (literally in the spiritual sense) on the night of the 18th. Thus marking the end of our three day surfing trip. Our bus driver or as he would more affectionally be know as "our Captain" had reserved two tables for us.
We gorged on only the best gormet food, a cheeky BBQ smothered in salty gravy...nice! And then hit the beers. Jugs of Tooheys for $10, bargain.

Many drinks later we could hardly be seen amidst the sweaty bodies and dry ice. Regrettably I have to inform you that amongst the youths bopping around on the tables,
Mojo Surf CrewMojo Surf CrewMojo Surf Crew

Our first group night out at the infamous Cheeky Monkeys; a classy establishment specfialising in wet t-shirt competitions.
benches and the stage I may have been spotted occasionally flinging an arm skyward in what I thought at the time were ground breaking, earth shattering dance moves!

Thank god I had control of the camera that night and so avoided been in front of the lens.

Poor Lauren had to bear witness to the embarrassing spectacle, and actually sobered up pretty quickly when she saw how utterly cool I looked.
Personally I think she was jealous of my amazing moves and so acted as if she didn't care by avoiding me and pretending I wasn't her friend! Saw straight through that one!

Anyway dragged ourselves away somehow in the early hours from the sweat fest, testosterone fuelled, table dancing, occasional wet t-shirt contest hosting, beer jug drinking, 'summer of 69' playing, cheesy but fun night out wonderland that is 'Cheeky Monkeys.'

A night to remember! And as we have discovered since staying in Byron, many travellers have poigniently coined the phrase "..every night is a Cheeky's night.."


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Saturday Night FreakSaturday Night Freak
Saturday Night Freak

our expectations of Oz Experience are shiftnig everyday! At least Stephanie's finding it amusing!
Observe and admire the Mullet!Observe and admire the Mullet!
Observe and admire the Mullet!

a haircut which appears with disturbing frequency here in Byron
the gangthe gang
the gang

u can just about make us out!


Tot: 1.773s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb