Wanaka


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Wanaka
May 3rd 2007
Published: May 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

So everyone says that Wanaka is a smaller version of Queenstown and a New Zealand must see. So since every other weekend is booked, what else do we do, but pack up our stuff in the middle of the week and skip out on classes to travel again! We drove up to Wanaka for a couple of days but unfortunately it was bad weather the whole time we were there so we didn’t get to do what we originally wanted to do but it was still fun. We had wanted to do this hike which we heard was amazing but instead we did a day hike called the Diamond Lake trail. It was really pretty but we didn’t get the views cause it was so cloudy. We went to Puzzling World one morning which is this really weird place which the name kinda describes. But there was a giant maze that we went through and then there were all these different illusions inside. We did some shopping in town and walked along the lake which was so beautiful with all the leaves changing color. Also, we stayed at this really cute backpacker called the Purple Cow. I heard that it is one of the most famous backpackers in NZ. I really liked it cause it had a mini movie theater and we watched a movie there one of the nights. We also wanted to skydive when we were there but the morning that we were signed up for still had bad weather so we just drove back to Dunedin. A little disappointing but still a good trip!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

the "bathroom"the "bathroom"
the "bathroom"

no on in NZ calls it the "bathroom"- its the toilets
illusion roomillusion room
illusion room

confused yet?
our view of Lake Wanakaour view of Lake Wanaka
our view of Lake Wanaka

unfortunately the weather wasn't too great


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb