Speights Tour, Rugby Game and Tunnel Beach- just a typical Dunedin weekend


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Dunedin
May 5th 2007
Published: May 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

we kicked off the week on Thursday with a little cinco de mayo action at the Break where they had $3 tequilla shots! so fun! then today was a super Saturday!!! We had a little scrambled eggs brunch and then went into town to get Anne and Sara’s noses pierced. The place that they got it done was called “Funk That” and they guy was the grossest man ever- his name was Loyd and he had the biggest gauges I had ever seen. Neither Anne nor Sara looked too nervous to begin with but then when he stuck the needle through their nose they got tears and it looked like it hurt a whole lot. I was so glad I wasn’t getting anything pierced! After that we walked to the Speights Brewery for a tour. We learned about the history and how the beer is brewed, but the best part of the tour was the free wine tasting afterwards. We had about 15 minutes to try as much as we wanted. There were about 6 beers on tap, most of them I didn’t like cause they were too dark. But of course I liked the original and there was this special beer called Summer Ale that they only offer at the brewery and it was so good (tasted a little like apricots). During that time we also got free shirts and got our faces painted for the rugby game. Then we hopped on a bus that took us to the stadium. The game was really fun and of course I socialize more than actually watch the game. But I did get on TV!!! The filmed me being hoisted up by the seat of my pants by two of my friends- “Big Pete” and Billy. Who knows for sure though if it will actually make it to TV though. Anyway, after the game we went back on the bus and went out to the bars but nothing too exciting that night- but it was just such a good day!
The next morning was a beautiful day in Dunedin which we don't get a whole lot so we decided to venture out to Tunnel Beach. We had to walk through pastures to get there and of course I slipped on sheep poo but it was worth it to get to see what I think is one of the prettiest places in Dunedin. We had to walk through this man made tunnel to get down to the beach but once we got down there, there were natural tunnels in the rocks. The waves were crashing up on the rocks and it was so pretty, hard to describe but pictures almost do it justice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

11
1

!
11
1

!


Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0653s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb