Extreme Mum...


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Wanaka
September 13th 2006
Published: January 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Haast to Wanaka


Me at Lake Wanaka...Me at Lake Wanaka...Me at Lake Wanaka...

Or the other big nice lake nearby
Wednesday 13th September 2006
We left Haast and drove to Wanaka, stopping off to admire the nice lakes on the way. We had lunch at Rituals Café (the one I thought Tam & Em would like) and Mum booked a skydive!! She wasn’t nervous at all and did really well, see the video here. It was like role-reversal - me down on the ground with the camera, my Mum up in the air doing the extreme stuff - I was very proud of her.

We also had a play in Wanaka's puzzle world (see video here).

We went into Wanaka town for a drink and found the roads closed off for Wanakafest. We had no idea, but a huge long precession of floats was due any minute. We grabbed a drink and watched, with two naff female local radio DJs doing the comparing - “And this is the… Errr not sure what float this is… Oh wait yep, this is the Bob the local plumbers float. If you have leak, Bob’s your man. Nice… pipes Bob…” See video of two of my favourites here and here.

We carried on drinking and in another role reversal Mum got properly
Nice threads! ;-)Nice threads! ;-)Nice threads! ;-)

Mum about to skydive
pissed and did a bit of karaoke... I had to help her walk back to the van, LOL.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.25s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0821s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb