Ruthie Peg!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Picton
April 13th 2009
Published: April 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Easter Monday.

So up early and off to the ferry! Good job it was only a few minutes walk from the Hotel! Another nice day!

Arrived in Picton early (about 10.45am) after stunning views through the whole journey. Went to the place where I had sent a mail to book a trip the night before and the woman said they don't do that one anymore only one for $80 and longer. I said "know any others cheaper?" she said no - customer service often hasn't reached here yet!

So I went out and into the next place and they sold me one for $55 - up and round the bay and back. Then walked up to Ruth's and it was sooo hot!! Found it no worries and her bro' was just leaving on the 1pm ferry! Anyway, I checked me mails while Ruth took her bro and then we had lunch and then Ruth came on the boat with me. There was only us 2 really as everyone else was being picked up or dropped off so we had a good old natter and catch up - its been a while!!

Then the driver called us and said there were dolphins!! We rushed over and saw them playing nearby but we couldn't stop but then one followed us! We were at the back of the boat and one jumped up right in front of Ruth - like blink and you would miss it! sooooo coooool!! Of course they were all too quick for pics!

When we got back Ruth said "wanna see Slumdog Millionnaire? I went yesterday but lets go again!" So we went back to hers and got two wine glasses, then bought wine and popcorn and went back. (The woman had already said it was ok - don't worry!!) The woman said "they are waiting for you" and we go in and its about 20 seats and one other woman and so we watch the movie while getting pissed and trying not to annoy the woman! FAB!

BUT when we came out the loos were shut and we had to go pee in the park in the bushes and nearly got caught by a tourist!

Then home to Ruth's where Ben cooked us steaks and mash and we drank more wine and gossiped more till we were dead and it was midnight. Off to sleep after an amazing day!!

Oh and I showed Ruth the Southern Cross and the lying down Orion they have here after Noel showed me them in Tauranga!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb