MELBOURNE TO DUNEDIN


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Otago » Dunedin
January 26th 2013
Published: January 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Left Melbourne 4.00p.m. 23/1/2013, been sailing day and night for two days. The first day Gloria left her phone on table and someone pinched that in a flash. Have seen a few shows onboard the first couple of days, horse racing etc. Was a pretty rough and windy crossing from Melbourne to NZ. Betty and Muz great company and its great to share meals, drinks etc with lovely friends. Finally arrived at Milford Sound on Australia Day 7.00a.m., we entered Milford Sound (width only 600mts) and sailed the length of this, very scenic and the weather was fantastic 27 degrees, we were very lucky as the last two cruises couldn't enter as the weather was so bad! Saw lots of birdlife and seals along the way. As we exited Mildford Sound to sail south to other sounds we had a medivac which took a little while so put us behind for the rest of the day.

27.1.2013

Arrived in Port Chalmers, then a 20 minute taxi ride into Dunedin, very foggy and eerie but by 9.00a.m. everything started to clear. First stop, COFFEE SHOP!!! for a decent coffee, (none available onboard, all imported American crap). The four of us doing a walking tour of Dunedin and then out to Carey's Bay Hotel for a late lunch before boarding the Dawn Princess at 5.30p.m. Dunedin very pretty place, sunny and light breeze 22 degrees today.

Advertisement



27th January 2013

hi you 2 seem to enjoy all your travelling carnt wait to see yous ps dont forget our red ! xxxxx
28th January 2013

Sounds great
Good to hear your having a good time, very, very jealous, wish we were with you Betty and muz, keep them coming.
31st January 2013

westburysbali
Your mother country is gorgeous leesy, we are thoroughly enjoying it, can't believe we haven't visited before , love to u both, home tues morning. Just heard our bank was robbed again!!!! Xxxx
29th January 2013

cruising
Hey you 2, just got off a cruise ship myself - what a life - wanna swap notes when u return ?
29th January 2013

Sounding very pleasant - apart from rough seas and bad coffee!!

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0616s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb