Collingwood


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Nelson Region » Golden Bay
January 23rd 2007
Published: January 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Last "weekend" (on my days off) I went to Collingwood (the last tiny beach town in Golden Bay) and house sat with my friend Jennie at a woman named Allison's beautiful beach house. We invited two other traveling women friends of ours and so there were four girls together and it was just the most fun! The house itself was what I would love my house to be like someday. There were huge windows looking out to the sea, an overgrown garden full of herbs and flowers and a lemon tree. There were chickens and a pet goat and a dog that was so friendly even I had to like her.

Jennie and I were both from the states but Sophie was from England and Angela was from Germany so we cooked wonderful international meals together and talked about boys from our respective countries and how they compared with Kiwi men and laughed and sang danced to the Beatles.

We went on a hike to the same beach Id been to on the Farewell spit a week before but we took a longer route that was well worth it. This time we actually gained some elevation and were hiking on the spit itself, so there was water on both sides of us and you could see the spit stretching out like a sickle in front of you.

I was sad to have to go back to work after three days of such a sisterhood of company. The other three girls decided to travel together down the west coast so maybe I will see them again at some point.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



2nd February 2007

great new photos
guess you must be behind the camera. the food looks good.......we'll have to have an international dinner when you get back. bring back recipes if you can. did you have a planned itinerary (sort of) or are you just winging it? how did you decide where you wanted to go? still okay with money? love you.............Esther

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb