Day 11 - Across the Tasman Sea


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Milford Sound
December 21st 2012
Published: December 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Pets on the BedPets on the BedPets on the Bed

One saving grace of the cabin steward(s) - each night we find another towel animal awaiting us.
Friday all day we are at sea. How does one amuse oneself? Well how about we start with three itsy bitsy cups of coffee and food. Then not having not met our steward we need to report a safety issue in our cabin. So we call maintenance. They ask us if we have told our cabin steward. We tell them that he or she is a little shy. So maintenance reports back that they have gotten onto the steward's case and reports back to us. (N.B. English is not the first language for most of the staff and communication is not always easy.) Five minutes later we get another call asking if there is anybody in our room. I replied that if there was nobody in the room I couldn't answer the phone. A giggle comes from the other end of the phone and she asks about the steward. Nope no sign of him yet. Then we meet Aep our steward. Our problem was a loose drawer at the end of my bed which when it opened by itself during the night could cause me to have a bit of an accident. Aep says he will tape it up.

Next to the thermal spa mineral pool. We looked at the shops and bought nothing. So time for lunch. Then up to the pool deck to brave the wind. As Shabbat was not until 8.20 we had a lot of time to kill. I was listening to my daf yomi lecture and fell asleep.

Back to the cabin to get ready for Shabbat. Still the drawer was not secured so Don found that we had a second steward- Dian. Don removed the drawer and suggested she take it away.

The Shabbat service was ok. We then adjourned to the restaurant for a Shabbat feast.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0915s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb