Day 10 - Adventures on the High Seas (force 6 to be precise)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
December 20th 2012
Published: December 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Us northerners are used to travelling south in the winter for sun and warmth. However, as we cruise down towards the southern end of NZ it is raining and cooler. No suntan on deck today so it was a good thing that we both had massages booked. Heaven is a hot stones massage.

More food for lunch, and we would have closed the restaurant as usual were it not for the fact that the restaurant had been opened to the public for high tea.

Don spent the rest of the afternoon swearing at the internet sorting out his UK tax return. I pretended to study my Talmud lecture between snores.

Tonight was the Kosherica cocktail reception. I am not sure what was in the glasses but the ship seemed to sway a lot more. It was also the formal dress dinner. Speciality of the night was eyelash soup, and the replacement bowl didn't taste the same without the special ingredient. We closed the restaurant again.

Back to the casino where lady luck was kinder and once I had broken even we split to the disco. There we shared the floor with a group of youngsters who invited us to join their circle. We left after the only song Don recognised. As we walked out he asked me why the singer had to move his Jag, was it was parked illegally? I sighed and educated him in the fact that the artiste wanted to move like Jagger. Another example of selective hearing!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb