Mind Blowing Marlbrough Sounds


Advertisement
Published: October 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So back to Picton, on the road through Kaikoura which is definitely one of our favourite drives - just soooo beautiful with rolling fields and snowy mountains. As the weather had picked up and we back to full-on sunshine we couldn't resist stopping once more at Highfields in Blenhim for lunch overlooking the winery. Then off to Picton to jump on the ferry and over to the North Island. It is a very beautiful crossing with the first part going through the sounds (see pics), but it took nearly 3.5 hours and we were pretty tired by the time we got to Wellington. We were also rather sad to be leaving the South Island as we had SOOO much fun there - can you tell?!

Anyway, we parked up at a campsite at about 10 pm when we finally got there and cooked ourselves a little meal. Ducks already quacking outside the campervan when we opened the door a bit later!

We decided not to do Wellington as we really didn't have time, but instead went straight on up to Palmerston North ('Palmy') the next day to visit Butch's brother and family.

More on the next blog folks!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0164s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb