Off down country


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island
November 6th 2009
Published: November 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This morning up bright and early…actually…not that early, we nearly missed the bus at 7.30...oh dear…not to worry though we were soon on our way to Mercury Bay; via a few stop points to see some of the sights I might add.

First stop was at the top of Mount Eden and the views were amazing, We got some cool photos…check em out! I think that now were going to be travelling more then we will be writing a lot more as there will be plenty to write about. The photos of us with grass behind us is in a big crater which is the centre of the volcano. It was massive, if you cant see through the photo.

We then went to a place called Cathedral Cove which involved a 40minute hike to a cool cove which was really secluded and very quite, I think it was only the people from our Kiwi bus that was on it.

Following the few stops we stayed at turtle cove hostel. It was a small family run business which seemed to be ran really well and we were impressed with the food; it was spaghetti bolognaise with garlic bread for $7 extra. About £3.50...ish..bargain!!!

The guy that worked there…well it was his first shift today, he said there was a fireworks display that was going on at 9pm and before we knew it it was 8:50pm so we soon shuttled down to the beach and watched the fireworks. The display was not too bad actually and we got some cool photos.

About half 9 we went back to the hostel and had another few drinks then went to bed about 11ish. We had a right laugh in our room after and we were exchanging dvds on our laptops and watched Taken the film. It was really good actually and in bed by 12. Ready to get up for the early morning.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0771s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb