August 2006 - New Zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island
August 20th 2006
Published: August 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Approximately 12 months away from emigrating to New Zealand, this trip was designed to do two things.
Having arrived at midnight and there being a 12 hour timezone difference, we were all rather wide awake and so spent an hour looking for something to eat around Auckland. I have read in the local papers that Auckland closes early but have to admit that we didn't find that - it wasn't difficult to get a snack at 01h00!

Considering that it was mid-winter, the weather was clear and crisp (most of the time) and, having hired a car, we made the most of the sightseeing - spending some time on the coast to the east of Auckland and driving down to Howick.

I have to say that the road signs are utterly pathetic! One particular roundabout was signposted - with a totally accurate picture of the roundabout - but with no words! That probably explains why we ended up going south at one point instead of east! We were about 5 miles from where I thought we were and heading the wrong way!

At the end of that particular day, we did manage to find a bowling alley and enjoyed a couple of very cheap games.

Auckland to Wellington


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.023s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb