Day 87: Mount Victoria‏


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
March 6th 2013
Published: March 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Ahh no noise all night - no snoring and no noisy drunk travellers! We had a great nights sleep and treated ourselves to a fairly relaxed morning in the apartment. After lunch we headed out towards town and decided to climb Mount Victoria to see the views of Wellington city. The city is clustered around the bay and there are some pretty suburbs just outside. In fact that evening we headed out to watch Liz play football at Eastbourne, a really quaint suburb over the other side of the bay. Liz' women's team were up against a local lads team and the girls did some great defending against the much larger and faster boys. There have recently been spottings of Orca and dolphins in the harbour - we'll look out for them from the ferry on Friday.Bailey's bit: It was bliss being able to relax this morning and catch up on some 'housekeeping', I also was able to watch the football back in the UK, funny considering I was eating breakfast! The football game in the evening was interesting, the girls held their own for a while but with a lot of the girls around 16 or 17 they were always going to struggle physically against the grown men. I ran the line as there were a lot of cases where the were offsides being missed!Daily mileage: 5 ran down and around the harbour. Very picturesque and a pleasant atmosphere.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb