Day 86: Arriving in Wellington‏


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
March 5th 2013
Published: March 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We had the morning to ourselves at River Valley and so James went for a run and a swim and I had a tootle around the grounds and along the river. It really is in the middle of nowhere but it has a nice homely feel to it. They were looking for travellers to stay there and work in return for free accommodation, food and horse trekking. I have to say I was tempted!! We were on our way to Wellington by 1pm and I was super excited about staying with Liz for the next few days. Upon arriving we bid our fellow travellers goodbye and wished them luck at the hostel as we headed off to the apartment. We'll be meeting back up with a number of them on Friday to head over to the South Island. Liz had made a yummy lasagna for dinner - it was nice to have oven cooked food for a change.

Bailey's bit: Our stop on the way to Wellington was Bulls, a town made famous for its bull population and the fact they made a male lactate earlier this century. Their 'thing' was incorporating bull names into building names so for example the town hall was called socia-bull, the police station was consta-bull and the clothes shop was la-bull (label).

Daily mileage: 5.5, today highlighted the saying what goes up must come down. Being at the bottom of the valley I had to run up to get anywhere. What took me 20 minutes to go up took 16 to come down.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb