Wellington Rugby Sevens Day 1


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
February 6th 2009
Published: February 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We had to be up early today to try and get an outfit for the sevens everyone dresses up!! We found a costume shop but it was hire only but the had a box of stuff they were getting rid of we found police hats so the decision was made. Next we bought plain white t’shirts. marker pens, handcuffs and police badges and after an art attack the outfit was complete. It was a real party everyone was dressed up having a really good time. We missed England s first game but they beat France!!! We spent the first few hours watching the people more than the rugby even though it was sold out there was hardly anyone in the seats they were all downstairs in the bars. England won the second game easily which put them at the top of their group. The party continued and the stadium filled up each time the Kiwis played they had a shock loss against Wales…. As it started to get dark they had the opening ceremony which was really good fun with lots of crowd pleasing songs. It was then the group deciding games and England had to play Argentina which they lost but still got through to the quarter finals. All in all a good day at the rugby we met up with some of the people we met in Taupo who were dressed as space men and were hanging out with a group of bees!! We left the stadium and headed to Molly Malones to meet up with some of our friends from the bus.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0701s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb