Six Months Down, Three More To Go...


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
November 4th 2006
Published: November 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hiya everyone! We firstly want to wish Andrew, Christopher, Paul and Granny a Happy birthday in November!
Half a year has passed already and it only seems like yesterday since we were waved goodbye. Another month special means another question and so goodluck with answering the following for your prize; How many hits has our website had since starting it in May?

Since writing last we caught two planes! We got a one hour plane ride to Christchurch and then another quick one to Wellington. We then had a long bus ride to Silverstream (which is where our next homestay was). There was a lovely, but slightly mad lady on the bus who seemed very concerned that we didnt have a grownup with us.
We were picked up by our next host Carolan and we soon realised that she was another 'Pat' (host from Christchurch). Luckily we had our own cottage away from the house, but we did have to share it with other helpers. We thought it would be dreadful but it wasnt too bad. There was a nice boy, Chris. from Germany who spoke very good English and he didn't like Carolan too much either. The cottage also had a TV and so we enjoyed watching Coronation Street (which Chris loved) even though it was very far behind (Sunita pregnant with twins). We also had fun watching the final of New Zealand Idol. However we had to make our own food with basic ingredients such as flour, milk and butter. Luckily Chris was a good chef and I perfected the knack of making good bread. The farm had a pig and the farm next door had very cute piglets too!
We helped by weeding and pruning the mile long blueberry bushes. One day we were exchanged with a neighbour's worker, Abe, and he was the sweetest person we have ever met! He was so appreciative of everything around him and so happy to meet people from England and Germany as he has never left the country. He kindly gave us a Maori necklace each, carved by his family, and told us the meanings behind them and also played Maori music and chanted Maori songs.
After working two full days, we decided to spend our first day off in Wellington with Chris. We saw the Beehive (government building) and another goverment building which is the largest wooden building in the Southern Hemisphere!! We then walked up to the lovely Botanical Gardens and went to a museum about its cable car. We spent the rest of the day in the Wellington museum, Te Papa. In the evening, Abe met us and we bought KFC and ate it at the beach. He then drove us to the top of Mount Victoria and we saw the city all lit up which was magnificent.
We decided to leave the homestay early and we went to Wellington again. We finished off the Welllington museum and then we watched the firework display on Bonfire Night. We spent the night in an internet cafe and then did another museum in the morning before heading to our next destination, Wangurani.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



6th November 2006

Brown girl in the ring tra la la la la
I must say bobby your suntan is coming on a treat. Answer to the quiz - no we won't enter this time - give your dad a chance! Love The Favourite Ones x
7th November 2006

hits
My guess is over 100. Giving myself a chance here!! Did a 12 mile walk on Sunday, nothing to you two by now I guess but its finished me off, which is why this is the briefest of comments.. love mumsy xxxxx
7th November 2006

hit count
Thanks for the birthday wishes! I hope Bobby hasn't got a taste for killing animals and eating their still warm livers (tttthhhh, tttthhhh, tttthhhh....) as there might be a fight with other Bobby over those pigs... I think your dad is miles out on the hit count, it's got to be at least 100 more than he said. I'm going to go for 245. Yes, it's a serious guess from me. I'm more mature now, don't you know.
8th November 2006

Blueberrys mmmmmmmmmmm!
Ok me again and typical its about food!! KFC on the beach sounds like heaven!! But even better than that my most favorite thing Blueberrys!! I can image the bushes now i bet the smell was gorgeous as you picked them!!! Loved the cool him train/tram wish they had one of those up to the Palace!
20th November 2006

Where are you Bobbies?
Long time no hear??

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb