Bobbys Climb Mount Bobby...


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
October 26th 2006
Published: October 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone!
We are spoiling you with another blog and so we hope you enjoy it. Since writing last we went to Fox Glacier (which you saw pictures of in the last blog) which was really good. The glacier was much more icy than Franz Josef and we walked alot that day as it took 2 hours just to get to the start of the walk! It rained all the next day so we thoroughly enjoyed the TV in our room and we played scrabble.

We got the bus to Wanaka the next day and we made stops at nice viewpoints and waterfalls. When we got there we did a nice walk along lake Wanaka (60km long).
We walked along the other side of the lake the next day which was beautiful and we finished the day off by attemping to climb up Mount Iron but we were just too exhausted so we walked a tiny bit for a tiny view.
The mountains at Wanaka became snow capped the next day which was great. We got the bus to Queenstown and we just looked around in town when we arrived and we had free soup in the evening!

We went to the Botanical gardens the next day which was nice and then we walked up Mount Bob. The cable car went up it but we decided to save our money. The walk said it would take 45 minutes but as it was so steep it took us a whopping 2 hours! However the view was worthwhile (see picture). While we were up there we had fun watching people bungy jumping and parapenting (like hand gliding).

Yesterday we walked alongside the lake to the next town Frankton which was beautiful but it knackered us out! We found a great rope swing on the way there too!

Today is our last day of freedom (as we are going back to helping tommorow) and so we are going to treat ourselves to a pizza at Pizza Hut. We are getting a plane tommrow back to Christchurch and then we will get on another plane to Wellington. We will be spending one month on the north island which was are excited about.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



28th October 2006

LATEST
Hullo dears-youmust be FIT by now! I hope you took lotsofotos at Bot gdns for me. My gdn mag this month given over to NZ theme-gdns,plants scenery,views -without the Bobbies of course. I hope you planted a flag on the top of Mt BOB. All the best for N.IS Luv Gran.
29th October 2006

Hey Tanya! Sorry I havent written in a while but I have been reading! You look dead scared on that tyre swing. Have you got all muscley legs from all that walking? Your hair is looking lighter and lighter everytime i see it. I cant believe youve been away for nearly half a year! Seems like you only went the other day. Anyway missing you lots, glad to see youre having so much fun....cant wait till you get back!
31st October 2006

Swing Low
Don't think much of the method of transport across the lake?? (A rope swing - what do the elderly do??) Andrews birthday tomorrow - perhaps you'll get a message. Aunty Grace's birthday today 90 years young. Love the Card Queen x

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 14; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb