SNOW SNOW SNOW


Advertisement
Published: October 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

snow at our hostelsnow at our hostelsnow at our hostel

I wasn't lieing!!!
Woke up to more snow and it was REALLY COLD. Ok, not as cold as Canada but when all you have are tshirts, a hoodie and a rainjacket...it's cold!! Due to the weather our bus couldn't leave at 9 am as planned. We were able to leave by 10 am though.

One thing i've noticed about New Zealand is that each town loves to have a big statue of something that represents the town. So, i've seen the giant kiwi, and the giant Lemon and Peoria bottle and a giant apple. But today I got to see a giant carrot and a giant gumboot (rubber boot). We didn't stop at the gumboot but we did stop at the carrot so I got a pic of it. It's fascinating to see so many giant things in one small country!

We also passed through a town called Bulls. Everything in the town is named using the word bull. Like the Sociabull Pub. It's quite funny actually. We stopped in Taurangi for a snack and a break. It's a 5 and a half drive from Tongariro to Wellington.

We got dropped at the Base hostel in Wellington around 5pm. So we headed to the grocery store first and made dinner. We ended up going for a walk in the evening and ended up at the movie theatre. Meike and I decided to go to a movie since we hated our hostel. The rooms are tiny, no room for anything, cold, and just not a very nice place.

We went to see the movie Funny People. This is the second movie theatre i've been to where they give you assigned seats. Weird. The other one was in Dublin.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb