Windy Welly


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
October 7th 2009
Published: October 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Climbing wallClimbing wallClimbing wall

You know you're in NZ when they have climbing walls in the middle of the sidewalks.
If anyone has ever told you that Wellington is a also known as Windy Welly, they were right! It's SOOO windy here. All the time too, not just some days, everyday. It's ridiculous.

Meike and I did a town walk to check out the town and ended up at the Beehive (their parliament building). It's called the beehive because that's exactly what it looks like. Wellington is the capital of NZ so all the government buildings are there. We stopped for lunch before walking up the famous Cuba Street. It's a street with a bunch of cafes and shops and is kind of trendy.

We were tired from not getting any sleep the night before on our crappy hostel's beds so we headed back to said crappy hostel and did laundry which was also crappy. The dryer barely worked and we paid to run it twice and all of our clothes were still pretty much wet. Grrrr! We had dinner and then I went to meet up with a Canadian girl I met in Auckland who had come to Wellington a while ago.

We walked around Courtney place (kind of like Cuba street) and sat at Starbucks with a coffee. Yes they have starbucks here just not nearly as many as back home. Had a good visit with Ann and then headed back to the hostel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.549s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 14; qc: 66; dbt: 0.341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb