Hastings Closed?


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Havelock North
February 9th 2011
Published: February 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Now we mentioned Hastings earlier and here is the detail. We decided to travel on from Napier to Havelock North and on to Hastings.
Havelock North was a pleasant village with nice cafe's. So we stopped and had a late breakfast. This was truely a plate full of the the usual full English which was so enjoyed all we had for the rest of the day was a snack or two.
It was at Havelock North (not sure if there is a south) that we decided to go to the top of a mountain called Te Mata, driving to the top again on a narrow roadway. The views from the top were well worth the trip. Views extended across the Hawks Bay and valleys beyond, magnificent. From here we took the road to Ocean Beach as the day was sweltering above 30 degrees. Not being equiped to spend too long on the beach we settled for a long stroll along the beach which was full with locals enjoying themselves in the summer heat.

Now we decided to travel on to Hastings and book into somewhere for the night, big mistake. How were we to know the place was closed. Hardly anything was open and we found it hard to find anywhere to eat or get a drink. Luckily we had had the late brunch earlier in the day. We did find a bar not too far from our motel at around 8pm that evening.
We were the only two there to begin with with the exception of a somewhat worse for wear ex Brit who was drinking after finnishing work in the same bar. All in all this Hastings makes the Sussex version seem full of vigour.

Advertisement



9th February 2011

Mat and I emailed each other yesterday - both enjoying the blogs - keep them up ....better with pics as helps visualise things. Think you have a few people logging in regulalry to keep posted on your antics! Have a feeling the best is still to come with the South Island....happy travels....be good! Miss and love yaxxx p.s. time to change the avatar pic tho!!

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb