Homeward Bound


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Coromandel » Coromandel Town
November 28th 2005
Published: November 28th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Winding Down and Heading Home



We won't be leaving for a couple more days, but tomorrow night will be hectic getting ready, so this is going to be the last entry before you see us again.

We went rafting through underground caves today (so physically demanding, we all came out the other end agreeing we'd loved it and hated it all at the same time), then made our way across the North Island to the Bay of Plenty ... aka the Pacific Ocean.

Of course we can't see the Pacific Ocean without thinking of our home being stretched so far across that water. It's wonderful and awful to be at the end of this trip. So much has happened during the years to even get here, or to have kept us from it. And while I tried to jam in as many photos as possible in the blogs, so much has happened in the last couple of weeks that it's mind altering.

What a choice to have made for a break. It was indeed a once-in-a-lifetime thing.

We'll be home soon, though. As if the world knows how happy we'll be to return, we'll arrive in SFO before we left Auckland. Just a trick of the international dateline, but fitting somehow. We'll see you in no time at all.

-Kenneth, Rusty & Mom-

Advertisement



28th November 2005

Welcome Home
It'll be great to see you, again. Missed ya.
29th November 2005

Can NOT wait to see you guys!!!

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb