ONLY 10 MORE SLEEPS!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Bay of Islands » Russell
June 14th 2014
Published: June 14th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Well, it’s all over but the packing…all reservations are made, calendars filled, kilos lost in anticipation of the upcoming trip…we had a couple of hiccups tho, which was to be expected. Just when we thought it was safe to mentally settle into our apartment in the the Marais in Paris, we got a notification that the plumbing had crapped out (...sorry about that….) and we had to find other accomodation….during the busiest week of the year for tourism…..one month out…..

Let your fingers do the walking, I always say….I found a hotel by Les Invalides for less than the apartment and booked it immediately. WWW.Booking.com is wonderful as most of the reservations do not require payment until arrival, and free cancellation up until 48 hours before. This was our backup, in case we couldn’t get an apartment. We were having no luck in that area….So, I decided to take a chance one day and got onto www.AirBnB.com. Lo and behold, there was an apartment, on Ile St. Louis, on the ground floor, with room for 3 and nice fixtures. AND, it also was less than the original apartment…So, my sister (who is not going with us) said, “Book it, Dan-o. You have always wanted an apartment on Ile St. Louis.” And I did. Another item off my bucket list, and oh, so convenient for shopping!

We have also gotten together our shopping lists and places to see. It will be an action-packed adventure for two women on their own in France. So, watch this space in about 2 weeks…

Advertisement



15th June 2014

Sounds like fun
What a perfect time of year to be in Paris. Armando bought his season pass for Mammoth so it looks like loads of skiing!!
15th June 2014

Only 10 More Sleeps
Hi from Luang Prabang. I understand your excitement and appreciate the search for the perfect place to land!! My latest love affair with a place is here in Laos, although French influenced, it has a colorful flavor all its own....like you to Paris, we will return here. Bon Voyage!
17th June 2014

welcome
if you need something we are in Bandol
17th June 2014

Merci Marie!
I think everything is covered. Perhaps I will see you when I go to visit Jean-Clement?

Tot: 0.356s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0944s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb