New Zealand - "Kiwi Experienced!"


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
October 8th 2006
Published: December 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

AucklandAucklandAuckland

Auckland skyline with Devonport in the foreground.
Following some chill out time in Fiji I arrived in New Zealand in lazy mood. There are many ways to travel the North and South Island but "The Kiwi Experience" seemed to fit well with where I wanted to go and the fact there was only a month to do everything.

As a warning primarily fo friends and family DO NOT allow children to view the "Flat Out" video clip or if you are easily offended. It was just a bit of fun!

As a litmus test we did a free city tour of Auckland with Kiwi Experience (although litmus tests usually proceed the handing over of cash to purchase the "Sheep Dog" pass).
My Kiwi Experience consisted of two phases; the first phase Auckland to Nelson I was part of Smiley's crew..... this Kiwi was a legend and the full bus got on really well with some great nights out. Needing a breather from the hedonism I hopped off in Nelson and picked up a much quieter bus, where I still had a great time and even caught up with Smiley's bus on the rest days.
I won't go into too much detail other than to emphasise that New Zealand was very much the activities leg of the world trip and a country of outstanding beauty.

For a detailed itinerary of exactly where I went please use the following link.
http://www.kiwiexperience.com/sheep-dog-bus-pass.aspx

On the North Island I went luging in Rotorua, Blackwater Rafting in the Waitomo caves (which is basically some caving and floating down underground waterways in a giant innertube), Whitewater Rafting at River Valley, Smiley's Polar Plunge (15 meter waterfall jump) in Tongariro NP.

On the South Island I went Skydiving (12,000 ft) over Fox Glacier, did the full day Franz Josef Glacier Hike (with terrential rain for the entirity.... very cold!!!).


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Black Water RaftingBlack Water Rafting
Black Water Rafting

Above Ground
Black Water RaftingBlack Water Rafting
Black Water Rafting

Underground - Inside the Waitomo Caves
Taking the PlungeTaking the Plunge
Taking the Plunge

Mad and freezing!
McAirplaneMcAirplane
McAirplane

Macdonalds Taupo Style
Lake TaupoLake Taupo
Lake Taupo

Amazing Vista
NelsonNelson
Nelson

View from centre of NZ
Lake MathesonLake Matheson
Lake Matheson

Time to reflect...
The Kiwi BusThe Kiwi Bus
The Kiwi Bus

Lock up your daughters, sheep etc.
The South IslandThe South Island
The South Island

Mountains, Valleys, Lakes and Glaciers
QueenstownQueenstown
Queenstown

1 week of non-stop partying
Minus 5Minus 5
Minus 5

The Ice Bar - Queenstown. Left to Right.. Simon, Myself, Marcus, Alex and Jon ("Moonface" to his friends.. apparently)


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb