New Zealand...a brief encounter!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
October 15th 2006
Published: October 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sky Tower at nightSky Tower at nightSky Tower at night

Pink, very me!!
Only in New Zealand for 3 nights which is a shame cos it feels like a really great place. I thought I'd opt for a little luxury after a month of travel and 2 weeks of hostels and cold showers. I'm staying in the Sky City hotel in Auckland. Its part of the complex which houses the Sky Tower, the tallest structure in the Southern Hemisphere. Big!!!

First day I literally just walked around the place, few photos and found a Dennys restaurant, dinner was a hard choice! Love that place!! Woke up late the next day having slept very little for the previous 48 hours being in that shitty Tahiti Hostel. First stop was the Sky Tower, views are amazing from the very top. See photos attached. I was almost going to do the famous Sky Jump which is a controlled decent from the top of the tower at 85mph to the floor below. But i pussied it and thought I'd save the cash and do a 14,000ft Sky Dive in Australia instead at only double the cost.

Saturday night I met up with Phil who me and Stu met in Thailand in June. He took me around
Scary walking area!!Scary walking area!!Scary walking area!!

Trainers, first wear in over a month, lets hear it for flip flops!!
Auckland and showed me the sights and some great bars and clubs. They had a club called Boogie Wonderlands with a light dance floor and playing cheesy 70's music, needless to say I was in heaven. Me and Phil were smashed, god knows just how many Vodkas were drunk...Phil stick of the red herbal energy pills!!! We got to 6am as the sun was rising, 4 hours sleep and back up for more Sightseeing stuff. Phil drove me to Mission Bay which is where all the locals go in the summer, a big park with a beach, BBQs to use and some shops. Was a cool place, but was a little too cold to brave the sea! More sleep cos was now feeling rough and bed.

Now just finishing in Auckland, flight in 4 hours so a quick walk around and then I'll get the bus! Looking forward to getting to Sydney now, 30 degrees this week. Raining here and maybe 20 degrees, cold compared to Pacific Islands!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



19th October 2006

Still in that same T-Shirt? ;)
Hope you've washed that blue t-shirt by now, what was it 12 out of 14 days you had that on on our trip? and now low and behold, more recent pictures and there it is ..... hope you're having a good one, looks like it .... spitting with rain here, a mist, can't even be bothered to do it properly, and it's turning chilly in those 6am journeys into work - you're in the right place!!

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0672s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb