Day # 32


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
July 10th 2015
Published: July 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

She is a cold one:/ Jackets and hats on then off in the car today. First time I have driven a car in over a month. Lance can swivel neck all he likes now I'm driving. Headed to Mahurangi West but in actual fact it was East. My co-driver sucks at reading maps. We went for a quick wander around Scott Point. This is a very nice little peninsula with some pretty impressive houses with spectacular views, however, I suspect you need lots of $$$ to live here. The Scott homestead is right on this Mahurangi Harbour beachfront. Thomas Scott Jr built this Georgian style house in 1877 on the site where his father a shipbuilder, ran an inn until it was destroyed by fire. Volunteers have lovingly restored the house and surrounds. I could imagine sipping on few cold Ales in the Garden looking across the waterJ.

Next stop was Algies Bay with a walk along the waterfront then a climb up a few stairs to Highfield Garden Reserve. All those steps were certainly worth the view. Algies Bay is a pretty little Beach on such a lovely sunny day. A great stop for our picnic lunch with the seagulls.

Scandrett Regional Park was our next bit of exercise for the day. This place has just knocked Tapapakanga Regional Park off the number one list for me. The bay is gorgeous, words cannot describe. If you haven’t been here, make sure you do. You could treat yourself and rent one of the Parks baches right on the waterJ. We walked from the Kawau Bay Track then onto the Mullet Point Loop track which took you right out to the far point with spectacular views across to Kawau Island. If you are scared of heights be warned, the cliffs around here are pretty high but it is worth putting your big girl panties on and giving it a go ……….you will not be disappointed. Cheeky fantails followed us as we walked along the tracks. Finished the walk off on the Scandrett Bay Loop (You get great views down to Martins Bay and the camp we are staying at from this track). By the time we were finished the Golden Girl was over it. It’s a bugger when you can’t keep up with the oldiesJ. I think she was dreaming of the roast we had organised for dinner and the homemade chocolate chip muffins.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb