Day 192 New Zealand, Pukekohe and day trip to Auckland.


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
May 29th 2015
Published: June 7th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hello Bloggers and all,



We drove to the train station about 10 minutes away from where the freedom camping car park was; we parked up for free and hopped on the train that was due at 8.35. It was a £10.50 return ticket price each which is more than it would have cost to drive but we didn’t want the risk of driving that massive thing around the busy center of Auckland, and also it would have cost a lot to park in the Centre too.



Once we arrived we went around a few of the shops, Neil wanted to go to the NZ shop called Lulumon Athletic where he had his eye on this t-shirt for the past few weeks. He bought it. We loved everything in the shop! They have a few in London too and America so no doubt we will go back in at some point.



We continued to walk around; Neil got his beloved dumplings for lunch (15 for £8).



When we arrived back in Pukekohe we decided to move our camper to the other side of the car park, which is separated by the sports hall. We did this as technically we were only allowed to stay two nights, but also we realized that we had been oared in the wrong place anyway for the last two nights. So as no one had told us we assumed they hadn’t taken our license plate down anyway to kick us off after 2 nights.



All was fine in this new place; there were a few other campers there too. Weather is pretty cold now in the evenings, and the morning so in a way we are glad the camper van experience has come to an end.



As it was our last night we ordered the cheap £2.50 dominoes pizza and splashed out on out favorite wine (The Ned). We also watched ‘Pitch Perfect 2’ that Neil had downloaded from earlier in the day.



33 days in this campervan has come to-an end-fingers crossed the last 40km drive back to the airport tomorrow goes without a glitch!



Good night



V&Nxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb