Day 191 New Zealand, Pukekohe.


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Pukekohe
May 28th 2015
Published: June 7th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,



We woke up safe in our freedom camping parking site, this morning we went to the local swimming pool, as it was only $5 and meant we could get a shower!!!



We had to drive to the pool but it was only 5 minutes away, once there we had to try and park our 7.2 meter van safely so it wasn’t in the way (never an easy thing). We managed to get a student discount so it only cost us $3 each, yes a bargain!!! I did laps as Vick got into the hot pool, which unfortunately was cold so she headed to the shower while I swam!! After finishing we managed to clean our clothes in the shower room, saves us going to a launderette and we need clean clothes lol!!



After the swim we planned on getting a train into Auckland to have a look around however we missed the one we wanted and it was an hour till the next one, this would have only given us a few hours in town so we decided to head back into Pukekohe and have a look around the town and get some Wi-Fi.



Pukekohe town is small but nice with loads of shops, there was a market on but was mostly tat!!! We ended up in this really nice café for lunch, it was an organic café and we both had chicken and sweet chili frittata, it was amazing.



We then headed over to the library to catch up on things and to charge up everything. We headed back to the van for the night about 5pm as the library closed.



Once back I cooked us a nice beef and pasta dinner, and we had a nice bottle of wine and chilled watching a film as we planned to get up nice and early and head to the train station to get a train into Auckland tomorrow



That’s all,



Love N&V X

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb