Part 7: Piha Beach Write-off


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
October 29th 2012
Published: November 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total write-off day.



We drove back from hot water beach and decided to make a jaunt over to Piha Beach, scene of the Piha Beach Rescue series. Apparently it is the roughest beach in New Zealand, with insane rop tides and huge waves. We were sick of the windy roads and as soon as we made it to a cliff overlooking Piha, we snapepd some pics and headed back in to drop off our van and get booked into our new hostel.



As we are flying out tomorrow, we decided to get a hostel right near the airport. The Airport Skyway Lodge...where you can hang out with New Zealand's answer to Norman Bates and his insane Asian wife. Don't get me wrong, they were nice proprietors...but nice in a I-have-several-bodies-under-the-flooboards kind of way.



We did get to watch the first half of LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring, which was kind of neat because we got to look at the sets we had toured around.



To find dinner, we had almost zero dollars left (and laundry to do), so we split chicken tenders, garlic bread, and fries (class, class, class all the way). When we got back to the hostel, three gents were staring creepily at Al so we went to bed, the first night on our trip that we've genuinely felt a good chance someone might murder us.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb