Sunday 6th March - Hamliton Island/Auckland


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
March 5th 2011
Published: March 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Up at around 07:00 and finish off packing. Down for breakfast - poached egg and bacon, we are booked in for Bed & Breakfast again. The cases are picked up at 09:15 and we check out at 09:45. We have a departure time from Hamilton Island of 10:55 for Melbourne. The weather is back to torrential wind and a wee bit blowy.
Our luggage is picked up and we check out of the Beach Club and are taken over to the airport in good time for the flight to Melbourne. The flight is full and takes just under 3hours. At Melbourne we go to te International departures and check-in for our flight to Auckland, New Zealand. The flight is full, but we are back to travelling Business, so we have plenty of room. I watch some films and diane was reading. The food on the flight was again excellent, pretty impressed with Quantas.

We arrived in Auckland at around 23:30 and went through customs without any problems. The weather is a little bit cooler than we have been use to. We were met by Gary and Tracey and taken back to their place. We have a beer and sit up talking until about 02:00, before calling it a day.
It has been a day of travelling and we are both tired, having lost a couple of hours in time change along the way.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb