Auckland


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
December 5th 2005
Published: December 4th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Birthday DinnerBirthday DinnerBirthday Dinner

Michael and Lesley enjoying the special meal bought by Anne and Graham in SkyTower.

And To New Zealand



So we arrived in New Zealand last week as scheduled and took the shuttle to our accommodation with ease. The bike boxes have survived more or less intact to here and we have left them at our first stop ready for collection in March when we leave for Melbourne. We've taken the cycle ride round Auckland. We've had a super dinner in the revolving restaurant 30 storeys high on Sky Tower (thanks Anne and Graham for Michael's birthday present) and we have moved to see Fay Hobday of Servas. She lives on the beach in a three storey glass house of amazing comfort. While there we took a ferry to Waiheke Island which is really hilly. We met our match there with a near vertical slope following a good lunch and swim on another deserted beach. Made it without getting off though.

For this last weekend we took advantage of the continuing brilliant weather moving to an Auckland suburb to Auckland Outdoor Naturist Club. They have very good facilities and friendly members some of whom live just round the corner. It has manicured lawns, a swimming pool, spa pool, sauna and clubhouse. We took over
Our BachOur BachOur Bach

Where we stayed when at the Auckland Outdoor Club
a four bed bach which is a self contained little house moving from an even smaller one bed bach.

However, the sun did not rise today, Monday, and it started to rain as we woke at 9 a.m. It is not continuous and we have managed to stay dry as we have travelled on the bike here in Titirangi. However, it has now just started to rain again. It's warm though.

Tomorrow, we put the bike on the train into Auckland and catch the ferry to Corromadel for a four day ride over some pretty high and steep hills. This is where we are going to prove if this is all some terrible mistake and that we should return to Auckland and get some proper luggage and catch the bus and train around this lovely country.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Off to CoromandelOff to Coromandel
Off to Coromandel

Up early for the ferry.
Sea Kayaking from HaheiSea Kayaking from Hahei
Sea Kayaking from Hahei

A pause in our exertions across the ocean.


Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb