First Log


Advertisement
French Polynesia's flag
Oceania » French Polynesia » Moorea
December 4th 2005
Published: December 4th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We Have Arrived in the South Pacific



We have had a wonderful time in Tahiti and Moorea soaking up the sun and coping with the heat day and night. It was amazing to have night time temperatures the same as day time. We only cycled on Moorea really and went round it once over three days between hotels/cabins. We found a Club Med site totally closed off with a lovely beach next to one hotel we found and then we moved to the other side to one we had already booked for Michael's birthday. They were both comfortable hotels of small self contained cabins with a few rooms at the back.

Anyway we made best use of the deserted beaches around the Club Med site and swam over to the island next to the coral reef enclosing the Moorea. Cycling on the road (one road round the edge of the island really) was fine but difficult in the heat. Even the two little hills found us wanting but we managed them without getting off. One gave a great view back to Tahiti.

We were really were glad that we had packed our snorkelling kit. The fish all around the beaches of the lagoon were spectacular. We also did one diving trip for Michael's birthday and saw lemon sharks amongs other fabulous fish at 25 metres.

Photos will follow but we are in a New Zealand library on a rainy Monday without a connection for the camera or card.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb