Arrival


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » South Auckland
October 18th 2007
Published: October 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, we're on the other side of the world. Our plane flight was very easy and rather enjoyable. There were individual screens on the back of every seat and we each had access to about 40 movies, 100 episodes of different tv shows, and some random arcade games that could be played with the controllers we each got. The flight was 12 and a half hours but with a couple meals, this entertainment, free wine with dinner and a lot of coffee with breakfast and some sleep in between it seemed pretty easy. We got our car and I got to be the first to drive on the wrong side of the road and it just happened to be raining pretty hard for this experience but we made it through just fine. We have plans to ferry out to an island with extinct volcanoes overlooking the bay and the city of Auckland either tomorrow or the next day depending on the weather. Alright, I'm off to look into hostels for future places we're headed and to try to find somewhere cheap to leave our car - all parking nearby is at least $2/hour. Hope everyone is doing well back home and I'll write more soon. By the way, uploading pictures is a pretty slow process so I probably will add them scarcely until we find some free internet then I'll try to put a lot up. Cheers!

-Paul

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb