Keeping up with the Jones'


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Pukekohe
December 17th 2013
Published: December 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today we drove back to Christchurch via Arthur's pass. The van didn't seem to like this road much and we struggled a couple of times to get up one of the roads. On another brew stop, Reubs enjoyed keeping his eye out for the Kea birds that we were warned would try to pinch our food. The woman in the cafe gave him a squinty water bottle to squeeze their way if they got too close.

Eventually we made it back to Christchurch and checked in at the airport whilst Gareth and Rhyd took the vans back. We got charged 200 dollars for the missing window, which wasn't too bad in the grand scheme of things.

The flight up to Auckland was quite straightforward, and we had some lovely views from the plane of what I think may be 'Mount Doom' in Lord of the Rings. Carey, Cath and Rhys were there to meet us at the airport, and didn't hang around for Gareth and Michelle who had gone to pick up hire cars (there's beer to be drunk don't you know). It was great to catch up with Rhys, especially as everyone had been worrying if all would go ok with his flight as he was coming over here alone, i loved his answer though on 'how did you find the travelling?' Easy he said, its just sitting down, how hard can it be? We got to Cath and Careys house in Pukekohe, and the boys were straight out in the Garden with a beer in hand picking up where they left off in Queenstown. Now I did wonder if they would have room for all of us, but it turns out there's plenty. Carey had even made a makeshift bedroom for us in the Garage, complete with Welsh Flag, and got an extra fridge freezer in especially!

We had a great dinner of Chicken potatoes and salad that Cath and Rhys had made, and had a couple of glasses of wine before heading off to bed and leaving the boys to it. Daryl was determined to be the last man standing, and judging by his bloodshot eyes the following morning, he may well have achieved this goal!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Do not feed!Do not feed!
Do not feed!

Rhydians hand was lunch...
Landed in the NorthLanded in the North
Landed in the North

Auntie Lau smuggling Caleb through customs!


We needed this wagon for our baggage alone!


21st December 2013

Hi
Sound like you are having a fantastic time. just about to go to Asda in the rain!!!for last bits will be in touch and have a drink for me too!! lots of love mum xxxx

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb