Fun in Fiji


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji
June 25th 2009
Published: October 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This morning we woke up ridiculously early and were picked up by our taxi. We headed to the airport where we checked in and got ready to head off to FIJI! The three of us boarded our plane and off we went. The ride was short and sweet and before we knew it we were at the hotel.

The hotel is really quite lovely and our room is fantastic! With just two beds, Meghan and I would be sharing one and Greg had the other. A nice little cheese and fruit platter was sitting on the table awaiting us and at the sight of it we we all knew this was going to be a good time.

We took a short walk around the area and noticed that the beach wasn't exactly the kind of beach we had in our mind. It had more dirt than sand and the ocean wasn't that turquoise color we had anticipated. This didn't keep us down, we put on our suit and headed out to the pool after grabbing some lunch at the little deli nearby.

The few days we spent here in Fiji weren't the most exciting but it was a good time. We spent most days at the pool and most nights at the bar. Dinner was spent at the Hard Rock Cafe or the little pizzeria next door since eating at the hotel was to rich for our blood.

We quickly learned that we were the youngest people at the resort so the bar wasn't really hopping but it was fun non the less. The band that played most nights was pretty good and instead of buying expensive resort drinks we got some cheap wine. We were use to it by now and this time the wine was in a bottle instead of a box so we were actually moving up in the world.

One day we took a small boat over to a small little island we could see from our beach. Even though the boat ride was no more than 5 minutes over on this island the beach was the light white sand and the turquoise blue sea.

The time went by fast and before we knew it we were headed back to America!

"Not I - not anyone else, can travel that road for you, you must travel it for yourself." ~Walt Whitman.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0158s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb