Day 74: Hiking on Nacula‏


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Yasawa Islands » Yasawa Island
February 21st 2013
Published: February 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Unfortunately we awoke to rain (it hadn't stopped all night!) and the forecast for the day wasn't great. We had booked onto the caves trip but a minimum of 5 guests from the local resorts are needed to run the trip and the rain had put everyone off so it was cancelled - hopefully more people will want to go tomorrow. So instead we decided to do the Nacula hike up into the hills. There were some great views from up there and the land really is untouched. After lunch 10 more guests arrived, along with 8 travel agents (resort inspection). The rain really started pouring down and so it was back to chess and basket weaving! Guess what - I beat James at chess for the first time ever! Dinner was fab, Nabua lodge serves awesome food and the fish topped it off tonight. The finale was Bula dancing aided by a Fiji beer!

Bailey's bit: On the walk I noticed a bird flying close above us, after a while I saw why. While we were walking we disturbed the insects and when a grasshopper would jump away the bird would swoop in and catch the tasty snack, clever bird! The afternoon consisted of waiting for the cake from the tea house to arrive (chocolate today) and the rain stopped long enough for some quick games of volleyball which Cat actually played in!

Daily mileage: 0 the trail we walked would have been the same I would have run. It was not suitable for running so decided against it. With a cut I had picked up scuba diving not reacting well to the sea water I decided against swimming today so did a double day of core stability.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb