Mana Island - Nadi - Pacific Harbour


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Viti Levu » Nadi
September 27th 2008
Published: September 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

emotional goodbyes!emotional goodbyes!emotional goodbyes!

some of the people we met during our stay!
It was an emotional goodbye. We could have easily stayed in Mana Lagoon for longer but we only had one day before our flight and we were also out of booze. After breakfast we checked out and waited for our boat to arrive. We had the goodbye song sung to us and then began the numerous goodbyes and email swaps! At 11.30 the boat arrived and 16 of us boarded. It was a tight squeeze and as the back was so weighed down Mark got to hang on to the front of the boat and used as ballast!

We arrived back on the mainland shortly after but only just. We only just avoided a turtle the size of a fiesta on the journey back. As Mark was on the front, he saw it coming and luckily the captain spotted it just in time as Mark was about fill his pants!

A nice man on the beach drove us to McDonalds for free, where we had lunch and then ju7mped on a local bus back to our hostel and our bags. We quickly hired a car and grabbed all of our bags before setting off east towards Pacific Harbour. We had booked a nice resort for our last night and set off around 3pm. The drive took a few hours but we got to experience the Fijian roads and see a bit of the country as opposed to the bottom of a bottle.

The resort was rather good for $25 a night and we were staying in a tree house dorm. In the evening, after the first good shower in days, we had a very tasty meal at a table complete with cutlery and napkins - a nice change from what we had been used to! We played some pool, had a couple beers and retired early as the last few days had really taken it out of us!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0949s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb