Mana Island


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Mamanuca Islands » Mana Island
September 24th 2008
Published: September 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today was mostly hangover but this was helped by a quick dip in the sea. The cool, clear water was an excellent solution to the throbbing head. We managed some breakfast and then sat around chatting and attempting to fill in the details from the night before. At 11.30am we said our good byes to the people who were leaving and welcomed in the next visitors.

The day was very chilled and we just hung around on the beach with the occasional game of frisbee or volleyball.

The evenings entertainment was cross-dressing and a Miss/Mr World Competition. Mark and Dale quickly jumped at the chance to dress as women and were soon in their full attire, make-up and all! The evening was great and Mark was very pleased with his joint 3rd placement. From then on, the evening was a blur of rum and beer with another late one was soon on the cards!

Needless to say the next morning was another hungover one.

Already there seemed to be a pattern emerging. The day was spent on the beach once more with some frisbee at different stages when we were feeling enthusiastic. Dale was the most energetic and managed to walk to sunset beach on the other side of the island but Mark and Ollie didn't make it! (no surprises there!)

The evening entertainment was a show by some local school children. It was very entertaining and a gin fuelled night began since we had run out rum. We walked down the beach to another resort and partied there for a while before making it back to our beds in the early hours.

Our final full day on Mana Island was spent exactly the same as the previous three! Sand, sea, sunshine and sleazing! The evening began with board games and ended with gin...............enough said!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Fire HazardFire Hazard
Fire Hazard

Children with matches and petrol.....?


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1020kb