Mana Island


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Mamanuca Islands » Mana Island
September 23rd 2008
Published: September 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We were all pretty excited as we had heard nothing but good things about Mana Island and we were ready for some serious beach time and rum consumption! After our breakfast we made a quick booze trip to the supermarket and stocked up for the next few days. We decided to travel light and left our big bags behind and took a minibus to the coast. After paying for our trip and boat we boarded the rather small boat to Mana Island. The trip was supposed to take around 45 minutes but on the way the captain received a phone call. Apparently one of his friends on another boat had run out of fuel and had no anchor so were floating out in the ocean. We went searching for them but were unsuccessful. We eventually arrived on Mana and checked into Man Lagoon. After our welcome song we enjoyed lunch and spent the afternoon on the beach.

The weather was cloudy but the temperature was very hot and not what we were used to after New Zealand. In the latter part of the day we played a big game of volleyball and enjoyed our dinner on the beach with a
Mana LagoonMana LagoonMana Lagoon

Our home for the next 4 days
beer as the sun set.

In the evening we tidied ourselves up and opended up the rum in preparation for Island night! This consisted of an hour of Fijian dance. An enjoyable show which culmanated in a big group dance with everybody taking part. We had already met a huge amount of great people and the evening went on until the early hours with a bonfire on the beach!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb