Nadi


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Nadi
September 22nd 2008
Published: September 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Nadi was literally one long road and after our complimentary breakfast we headed out for a walk. We headed towards the beach and after a few too many kilometres in the heat we arrived at McDondalds and since it was before 10.30am we enjoyed a second breakfast! From there we continued on in the heat with the constant "Bula" being shouted at us! This is the Fijian word for hello and people were even stopping their cars in the middle of the road simply to hollar out their windows at us!

Deciding not to go to the beach, we headed towards the airport and another hostel. The main reasoning for this was that Mark had accidentally booked it on the wrong nights and Ollie wanted to meet an old friend (Eva) who he had met in New Zealand! Once we arrived, Mark successfully cancelled the booking but it turned out the friend had come to our hostel to find us and we had missed each other! However, we had walked about 6km and the weather was so nice that we enjoyed some beers by the pool. In the afternoon we headed back to our hostel but were sensible enough to take a taxi this time!

When we returned, we finally found Eva and booked ourselves on a trip to Mana Island for the following morning! We enjoyed a goat curry for our late lunch and spent the remainder of the afternoon in bed! In the evening we watched a couple of films in the bar and enjoyed some very tasty take-away food before getting an early night! Well that was the plan except the club opposite was pumping out tunes until the early hours!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0947s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb