Corryong & Echuca May 2017


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
May 11th 2017
Published: May 11th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Day 8 (9/5/2017)

Up early to go for a paddlesteamer cruise & a look around the Port of Echuca, including a guided tour. Booked our cruise tickets for 11.30 & set about wandering the Port of Echuca. We barely scratched the surface before it was time for our cruise on the PS Pevensey.

From the moment we left the wharf, the skill of the captain to turn the paddlesteamer around in narrow & shallow water, as well as the expert knowledge imparted over the loud speaker from start to finish was brilliant.

We then returned to the Port of Echuca & decided to dash across to the bakery before our guided tour. Our guide was Jenny who was a delight. Her expert knowledge & witty delivery made the tour even better.

After a final look around the Port, we ventured back to the caravan to put our weary legs up for a while & a cuppa or two. When talk came to “whats for dinner”, we decided too tired to cook, so off to the Rich River Golf Club we went again! We returned completely full & had another cuppa & some tv, then into bed for a snorefest!



Day 9 (10/5/2017)

Could not believe our last day was here already (cue the brief moping about & sad faces). We set off on foot, first to Beechworth Bakery for breakfast with bottomless cups of tea, then traipsing through the shops in Echuca while Deb did her usual bargain sniffing. Before we knew it, it was time for lunch, hence began the walk across the bridge into NSW to the Moama Bowling Club.

We then picked up some marinated chicken sticks for dinner before the long walk back. By the time we got back I was ready to chop my legs off. A couple of drinks later (what legs?) & a light dinner & into bed for a good nights sleep.

Day 10 (11/5/2017)

Left Echuca at 9.50AM after struggling to get out of a nice warm bed. Filled up with fuel on the edge of town for the drive home. Briefly stopped at Rochester for a toilet break (too many cups of tea), then had lunch at Kalkallo on the Hume Highway as we snuck into Melbourne via the quieter route.

Arrived home at 2.20PM with the best fuel economy for the trip by a long way.

Finish KM reading was 88,450, a total of 1.498KM’s for the trip.

We now look forward to Omeo/Lakes Entrance in October!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb