Bob & Debs Caravan Trip


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
March 14th 2015
Published: March 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 21 – 13/3/2015



Departed Swan Hill at 9.30am, arrived Echuca at 12.00noon.



Staying at the Echuca Caravan Park (Top Tourist Park) just 300m from the wharf at the Port of Echuca. The main streets run around this, so everything is within easy strolling distance.



Went into the swimming pool which is heated, so no worrying about nippy body parts! Stayed in there until the ducks came in for a swim, flying in like on a strafing mission before crash landing into the water.



Returned to the caravan & had some “refreshments”, followed by a long walk of around about 2 hours. It was pretty quiet for the most part except for one hotel where it all seemed to be happening & looked like the local “meat market”!



Our walk took us past all the paddle steamers after dark where the water was dead still. Look forward to taking some photos on the weekend.





Day 22 – 14/3/2015



Awoke about 9.30am to the sound of someone in the caravan across from us playing the violin. Now I don’t mind the violin, but to be playing “guess that tune” at that hour requires both the violin & the person playing it being thrown in the Murray River.



Went to visit The Great Aussie Beer Shed which proved to a lot more than just a huge beer collection spanning over 40 years. There was farm machinery, petrol bowsers, train tickets, war items & so much more. The owner, Neil, also gave a brilliant talk (sometimes colourful!) about the stories behind some of the items. His knowledge of things other than just his massive beer collection was very informative & humorous.



After browsing the massive collection & taking numerous photos, we had a drink as well as having a crack at the wheel of fortune to raise money for childrens charities (everyone wins a prize). I can thoroughly recommend that if you are in Echuca that you visit this establishment.



Back at the caravan park, yes, you guessed it, swimming pool time again! No wonder Deb & I are sleeping in.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0756s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb