Bob & Debs Caravan Trip


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
March 6th 2015
Published: March 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 12 – 4/3/2015



Went fishing off the caravan park jetty this morning, landing 2 Trumpeters & 1 Garfish. The Garfish went straight onto the BBQ for lunch. You don’t get any fresher than that!



Went back to the jetty later in the afternoon & came back with 1 Silver Trevally which went straight onto the BBQ again for an early dinner.



Then it was time to pack up ready to leave for Mildura in the morning.



Fuel fill before leaving Pt Lincoln: 144.6km Avg 13.51L/100km







Day 13 – 5/3/2015



Departed Pt Lincoln at 2.40am. Arrived at Mildura at 4.10pm.



Ran into driving rain as we approached Cowell. The head winds after we left Pt Augusta were fierce, killing any decent fuel economy. The hills between Pt Augusta, Clare & Renmark also blew the fuel economy out.



Had lunch by the Murray River at Morgan which was a beautiful setting.



Fuel fill Pt Augusta: 354.9km 45.38L Avg 12.8L/100km



Fuel fill Clare: 193.4km 33.57L Avg 17.5L/100km



Fuel fill Renmark: 253.0km 38.51L Avg 15.1L/100km



Total km for the day: 941.3km



Total travel time 13 ½ hours including breaks.







Day 14 – 6/3/2015



Went to Wentworth just over the border. First place to visit was the junction of the Murray & Darling Rivers. The water flow through here is substantially less than when we last saw it in 1983. The lock just below this point regulates the water downstream, ensuring reasonable levels.



Next stop was the Wentworth Gaol. The worst area was the women’s cells. In one particular cell opening I experienced weird shivers & mild headaches. Thinking it was nothing I went outside where it was warmer until I started sweating. Then I returned to the same spot to experience exactly the same symptoms as I did earlier. Later I read that paranormal activity had been experienced in that location. Spooky, huh? (insert X Files music here)!



Finally we went to the Wentworth Services Club. It was the first time we had been there since our honeymoon in 1983. Back then, a schooner off beer was $0.47c! Needless to say it was a nostalgic visit for Deb & I, recreating our 1983 visit.



Back at the cabin after a beer outside, I passed out inside. The long drive yesterday taking it’s toll & knocking me completely. Deb blamed the beer!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb