Port Lincoln to Port Augusta


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
December 19th 2014
Published: December 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day 6 19/12/12

Total km's 3045 km's
Today 345 km's

Got up early with a sore head and set off for port Augusta. Stopped off at all the little towns on the way including Tumby Bay, Arno Bay, cowell, Whyalla and finally into Port Augusta. Did a spot of fishing in Cowell. Caught a few small fish and had a few big bites but nothing else. Stopped in Whyalla for a snack down on the beach before final drive into Port Lincoln Got in around 5 and checked into my motel, which was right beside a major rail crossing (NOISY) and as the soccer wasn't on tv i ventured down to the local hotel for food and football, they had the biggest tv i have ever seen, it was like 100 inch probably more. Thought it was a projected image at first but no. Wierd setup they have here for hotels/motels, pub/hotel/motel/bookies/casino. Weird setup. Walk in and the reception is a small bar, at the back of the bar is the bookies which the same wife is working at. In the 'other bar' they have a strange bingo/raffle setup which has a bookies to the other side of the bar. Had a few and watched the game before turning in.

Advertisement



24th December 2014

Blogs.............
Good update..................only 5# days to catch up but if it is like Megan's blog, it'll be starting with "another hangover today!!!!!!!!!"

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb