Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
March 18th 2014
Published: March 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today we hadnt planned anything major so.we headed out to Hyde Park. The area is a lovely park, clean and green with a nice fountain. Lots of people walk through going to work with coffees.in their hands. Its also full of healthy fit people going for runs. Then there is the tourists who take a towel and lay there sunbathing, reading theirs books in the sun, that was us. Darren however was in the shade as.his skin was still sore from the sun.

We chilled for around three hours then went back to the hostel as we were meeting Leanne and Naomi by the sydney opera house at half four for tea as we were climbing the harbour bridge at six and they were going watching Carmen at the opera house.

It was lovely to catch up with what they had been upto and we had a pic by the opera house for the reunion. It was only short but sweet.

Me and Darren then made our way to the Harbour bridge for the climb. We met the group at 6:15 there was 13 of us. We got all our gear, overall, torch (as we were doing the night climb), harness, and hankee. We had a safety talk and had a practice go of climbing up and down the steps as there was a technique. We started our climb at seven so it was late twilight. Initally the walk was easy then came the steps. They are quite steep and very close together. I felt safe as we were attached to the bridge and the bridge is very stable. I.actually enjoyed looking down even when we had six lanes of traffic below us and a train line.

We gradually climbed up the bridge stopping to take in.the amazing views of Sydney. We chose a perfect time as it was light and gradually turned dark. I couldnt believe how perfect the view was.hopefully one i will never forget. To make it even more amazing the moon came up and it was sooo bright and big, we didnt believe it was the moon.Unfortunately we couldnt take a camera up but we bought some pics from the store as i never want to forget it.

Climbing down was easy untill we reached the narrower steps as you have to go down facing the ladder so your view is the steep drop below you.

We reached the bottom so we had climbed approx 1300 steps, 134 meters high. We both loved it and were happy we had chose to do it. We got a certificate and a hat so i was happy.

We caught the bus back and spoke about all the amazing.views we had seen.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.209s; Tpl: 0.072s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb