whitsundays


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
March 5th 2014
Published: March 7th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We had a plane to catch from Cairns to Hamilton island where we then had to get to Airlie Beach to start our 2 night trip sailing and snorkelling.

The flight was at eight. The plane was so small had 15 rows. We were in row 2 and the plane had around 20 people on it so plenty of spare seats. The flight took an hour and fifteen and we had arrived. The airport is tiny we basically come off the runway went through a tunnel and.we were out of the airport.

The sun was shining and we had beautiful surroundings of the marina. We caught a ferry from the airport to Airlie beach (abel point). The trip was fab, travelling through the whitsundays. The sea was calm so the trip was easy. It didnt take long till we arrived at Abel point, however we were early as we werent meeting the group till half one. We went for some lunch and an iced coffee (which im.getting addicted to). As we were waiting we kept seeing people buying alcohol, so we googled our trip and.found out it was bring your own so off we went to the beer shop.

We went to the meeting point and.was greeted by our skipper. We were shown to the catamaran and given the safety briefings. Todays plan was to sail to south Molle island where we were staying the night and then drinking games and a plastic fantastic competition ( ill explain soon). There was 41 people on the boat most of which were german. We soon found out we had some irritating boys who were.about 19 and acted like 5 yr olds.

We all got on the boat and of course headed to where you can sunbathe. The trip was smoothe most of the way however had some choppy bits but I felt ok. We arrived at the island at fivish. We all had to then check in.which was a long process and we were in rooms of four and were yet to find out who we were sharing rooms with. I was hoping.i wasnt with the annoying boys. Luckily i wasnt but i would of upgraded if id been put with them.

We were in a room with two german girls. When we checked in we were given.stinger suits and snorkels for tomorrow and three plastic bags to make an outfit out of hence plastic fantastic theme night. We made our outfits, had a shower to freshen up and headed for tea.

The set up of the room was like a school disco, as we queued up to get food with tables all round. Darren.had put his outfit on and was sweating like mad.

We had tea then played some drinking games, flip the cup, oranges under the chin and a squeezing hand game.

It was then time for the fashion show which was like the eurovision as noone clapped for the english team. Once the show was over we had some drinks and got to know the group a little.

Tomorrows plan: snorkelling and.Whitehaven beach.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.028s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 18; dbt: 0.0126s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1004.1kb