whitsundays


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
March 6th 2014
Published: March 7th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We were up for breakfast at seven and were on the boat for eight. We were heading to whitehaven beach but were stopping two hours into the journey to snorkel. The trip was initially smooth but then changed. I found out although I am now ok on coaches, trains and planes, boats are still a problem. I.had to stand at back of deck getting cold.water poured over me as.the skipper said it hels with sea sickness and it did as part of the nausea comes from overheating.

On the boat trip i was the only weak swimmer but they provided everyone with a float which made me feel safer. At around tenish we arrived at the snorkelling point. We put of our suits which are very fetching and in sevens went in the dingy to the coral. I was nervous as the sea scares me as i cant touch the bottom. Darren waited for me and we started together. I was fine because i had the float without it i would of drowned because i cant tread water. We were a little disappointed as we didnt see much just a few pretty fishes and coral but it didnt compare to egypt. I really wanted to see a turtle.

After an hour we all got back on.the catamaran for lunch, which was chicken, ham, pasta salad and bread. Our next stop was whitehaven beach which i was excited about as i.had been told it was amazing but i never imagined how amazing.

Our boat arrived at Tonga which was the other side of whitehaven.but the skipper had done this on purpose as there was a lookout point not to be missed. It was a five minute walk uphill but the.view was worth it. You could see whitehaven and the other islands around. Although i had been.told that the sand is silica and is white. I didnt think how pretty it would be. We headed back.down.and to the beach. Arriving at the sand was amazing

Although it was really hot the silica dosent get warm and to look at it, it looks like snow but feels like flour. I seriously felt so lucky to be here and felt proud that we had given ourselves this opportunity. We took some pictures, and relaxed. We went back to the boat but were delayed as.the.irritating boys decided they werent coming back and didnt come to the meeting point so.they crew had to go.and find them.

The ride back was rough and i felt sick for most of it.....not good.

We got back at six and had to wash quickly.as tea was at seven. Tea was curry which darren said was bland. I thought it was good but i hadnt eaten afternoon snack on the boat due to nausea.

Tonights entertainment was karoake. I was persuaded to go up with two girls and sing girls just wanna have fun..we were fab!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.039s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1076s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb