Cape Tribulation to Cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
March 3rd 2014
Published: March 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We actually managed to get some sleep, although i needed the toilet but i.couldnt brIng myself to go outside so i held it in till it was light.

We got back in the car and made our journey back to Cairns. We stopped for an icecream in daintree forest. My ice cream was yummy darren wasnt impressed with his.

Half way through we stopped again at the daintree river cruise to try and spot a crocodile. Me and Darren were the only two on the boat trip and our guide and boat driver was called David. He had alot of knowledge about the crocodiles who lived on the river, how old they were, where they hang around. He also told us that there are more lady crocs as to hatch a male the egg has to be at 31.5 degrees, any higher or lower than that it will be a lady croc. Also men fight for the ladys so then the already smaller population become smaller as they kill each other.

We cruised down.the daintree river first thing we saw was a white lipped frog chilling on the tree. It was bright green.and had white lips (hence the name). We saw a two year old croc. They can never tell the sex unless they examine.closely which would involve bein bitten so they dont bother. Once the croc turns 6 they.will give it a name but not before as its chances of survival are slim.

We saw altogether 3 two year olds, 1 one year old and two just been born. Dave said literally days old. They were tiny hard to believe they grow into such big dangerous reptiles. Crocodiles are opportunistic and.will basically eat anything, but they dont need much food for energy as they spend alot of.time conserving energy chilling.

Whilst we were on.the boat we also saw a.python wrapped around a tree, an iguana and a heron.

We arrived back on land and continued our trip back to caravella. When we arrived we had been put in a posh room with a seperate bedroom, and a.table.and chairs (very posh). We were given vouchers again.for.half price meal so being careful with.money we took this offer up. We had a meal (which.wasnt that good) and a few drinks and.headed home to get ready for an exciting day tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb