Cape Tribulation


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
March 2nd 2014
Published: March 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Once again we on the move to cape tribulation where rainforest meets beach. We decided to rent a car as we felt it made sense, so we could explore plus enjoy the ride up.

Darren went to pick.our.car up.which is an.automatic black mitubishi. We chucked our bags in the boot and had a quick look at google maps. The trip is.a straight road from Port Douglas to Cape Tribulation. Todays weather was lovely and sunny. The journey up was beautful through the hills and.then the daintree forest. Darren enjoyed driving and it was nice with the music on and being able to stop when we wanted.We stopped at a lookout spot to take pictures. We had to go on a ferry to cross the daintree river.

The drive took about an hour and a half till we reached Pk jungle village. We are staying in a four bed dorm but upto now we have no roomies. We found our dorm not before finding the two biggest spiders i have ever seen in my life just chilling in their mansion of a cobweb. The room is simple, beige with two beds and a bunk bed. We have took the beds as i dont have a good history with bunk beds.

We headed to the beach which requires a walk through a jungle like area. Darren kept trying to scare me mentioning crocs and boa constricters. Then i saw a snake it was only small but the way they move scares me. We made it to the beach. It was beautiful, like the beach from castaway. We were surrounded.by rainforest and then had the sand between our toes. There was only a few people on the beach and most of.the time it was just me and Darren. We walked the coastline, took some selfies. We headed back to hostel as we were hungry. In reception we found out that the beach we had been on wasnt cape tribulation beach it.was Mryall beach, so after dinner we headed to cape tribulation beach which was the same same but different. We couldnt relax on.the beach i kept expecting crocs to come out the forest. The sand on the beaches is very glittery and full of crabs called bubblar crabs as when.they dig in the sand they make bubbles of sand.

We went back to the hostel and had a dip in the pool mainly to get rid of the sand as its a 'bugga' to get off.once we were dry we had a game of ping pong...

I lost!

Ive just been for a shower before.it.gets too dark as this place is full of wild life.My torch Laura got me will come in handy here.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.964s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0619s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb